Myambutol is a specific antibacterial medicine which is used for the treatment and prevention of tuberculosis. It contains an active ingredient Ethambutol which provides a bacteriostatic action and prevents a division of the pathogenic microflora.
The pharmacological action of Myambutol works only as to actively dividing morbific microorganisms. It well penetrates into the different organs and biological liquids, especially lungs and saliva where originators of tuberculosis are developed.
The advantage of Myambutol is an ability to kill the originator of tuberculosis resistant to the action of streptomycin, isoniazid, ethionamide and other antibacterial drugs. However, during monotherapy, microorganisms quickly develop a resistance to Myambutol, and therefore the therapy should be short or the antibiotics should be regularly changed.
Myambutol is effective during any stage of tuberculosis, however if the treatment begins on the initial stage of the disease, it is possible to completely kill bacteria and prevent chronic form which is almost not treatable.
Myambutol is released in covered pills which are round. Depending on the manufacturer, the pills may be white or yellow. Every pill may contain 200 mg, 400 mg, 600 mg or 800 mg of the active ingredient Ethambutol. The external appearance does not affect the pharmacological characteristics of the active ingredients.
How to take Myambutol?
- Patients who have never used antituberculosis drugs are prescribed Myambutol in the dose of 15 mg per 1 kg of the body weight per day.
- Patients who have already used antituberculosis drugs are prescribed Myambutol 25 mg per 1 kg of the body weight.
The daily dose is used in the morning, after breakfast. The course of the treatment lasts for 8 weeks, and then it is recommended to reduce the daily dose up to 15 mg of Myambutol per 1 kg of the body weight and continue the treatment according to the doctor’s recommendation.
The dose adjustment is needed for patients with renal failure. In case of the severe kidney diseases, patients are prescribed 50-60% from the standard daily dose.
- Myambutol enhances the therapeutic effect of other antituberculosis drugs, and therefore it is necessary to adjust the dose during the combined treatment.
- It is better to take Myambutol in combination with any other antituberculosis drug because a chance of resistance is reduced.
- In case of the prolonged therapy, it is necessary to control the function of organs of vision, peripheral blood and also the functions of liver and kidneys.
- Myambutol is contraindicated during optic neuritis, inflammatory diseases of eyes, and gout.
- Children under 13 years old and pregnant women are not prescribed Myambutol.
Probable side effects
At the beginning of the treatment, Myambutol can cause coughing and expectoration. A patient may also feel light weakness, dizziness, poor vision, nausea, poor appetite, and headache.
The side effects of Myambutol are temporal and usually pass within the first week of the treatment.
How to buy Myambutol?
Myambutol is a drug of the high price segment, and that is why people with middle and low income level cannot afford the original Myambutol. Moreover, you will not buy Myambutol without prescription in the city pharmacies. But do not be upset because there is a solution.
If you do not have a prescription and are not ready to spend all your money for the expensive medicine, you can buy Myambutol at the low cost in the online pharmacy.
Myambutol online is for sale directly from the manufacturer, without agents, and therefore its cost is by 2-3 times lower. Buying Myambutol online, you will not be asked for a prescription and you will buy 3-4 packs of cheap Myambutol at once.
Buying big packs of Myambutol without prescription, you will get a discount and will save more money. Myambutol online meets all international pharmaceutical requirements and has 100% quality.