Haldol is a anxiolytic with broad action. It contains Haloperidol. This ingredient has an antiemetic, antipsychotic, neuroleptic, and sedative action.
Haldol is prescribed people with severe mental disorders when personality disorders, deliration, hallucinations, mania occur. The medicine clams down the central nervous system by means of the reduction of the neurotransmitter release, including dopamine.
The drug removes an excessive motion activity, behavior disorders (impulsion, difficult concentration, aggression) in overactive children. It means that it may be used as a safer alternative to Ritalin in the treatment of ADHD in children.
Haldol is prescribed adults for the treatment of:
- Acute and chronic psychoses
- Manic states
- Psychosomatic disorders
- Behavioral disorders
A therapeutic effect develops within 2 weeks from the moment of the started treatment. But the effect is kept for a long time. Having a minimal therapeutic course, the effect of Haldol is kept within 2 months.
In what dose is Haldol used?
Haldol is produced in the pills and a solution for the injections. Patients are often prescribed injections at the hospital because the effect develops faster and the bioavailability of the active ingredients is higher.
But at home, it is more convenient to take Haldol pills. A dose depends on an intensity of the disease symptoms.
- If psychosis, patients are prescribed Haldol 5 mg 3-4 times per day (every 6-8 hours). If this dose does not help to cope with acute psychosis, a daily dose is increased up to 10 mg
- If schizophrenia, Haldol is also used in the dose of 5-10 mg 3-4 times per day
- If light psychosomatic disorders, or behavior disorders, a one-time dose of Haldol is 1,5 to 5 mg every 6-8 hours
- A dose of Haldol is gradually reduced up to the maintaining one 1,5-3 mg 2-3 times per day after the improvement of the disease
The maximal daily dose of Haldol is 100 mg. Do not exceed this dose. Otherwise a risk of the side effects grows.
- It is prohibited to take alcohol and drugs that depress the central nervous system, antidepressants, anticonvulsants, antihypertensives, anticoagulants during the use of Haldol. All these ingredients may increase the intensity of the side effects during the interaction with Haloperidol
- The use of Haldol is contraindicated during recent stroke, CNS depression, epilepsy, depression, vegetovascular dystonia, thyroid disorders
- A hormone level may be changed due to a long-term use of the pills. Therefore, the cycles of the use of Haldol should be maximally short
Haldol provides a strong action on the central nervous system, and therefore the side effects happen rather frequently. In most cases, they are temporal and are not dangerous. But in any case, lower a daily dose of any of the side effects appears.
Possible side effects:
- Phenomena of anxiety, fear, euphoria
- Convulsive seizures
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Impaired visual acuity
- Hair loss
Buy Haldol online
The use of Haldolmust be controlled by a doctor. It is better if you consult a doctor before buying the medicine and find out an individual scheme of the treatment. But if you do not have any opportunity to do that, you may contact a pharmacist in the online pharmacy. A pharmacist will provide you any information online, free of charge. After consultation, you may buy Haldol without prescription and start the treatment.