Crestor is an original name of the active ingredient Rosuvastatin which has been developed by the Japanese pharmaceutical company Shionogi.
Crestor is used to lower a high level of cholesterol as an addition to the physical activity and a diet. It belongs to the group of statins and provides a peculiar pharmacological action. A hypolipidemic effect of statins is related to the reduction of the general cholesterol level by means of the reduction of lipoproteids of the low density. This type of cholesterol is the main cause of the vascular occlusion because it causes fatty plaques on the walls of the blood vessels.
A therapeutic effect of Crestor depends on a dose, and that is why it may be adjusted depending on the efficiency of the treatment. The drug action begins after the first application. In a week, a stable therapeutic effect occurs, and in 2 weeks, 90% of the efficiency of Crestor happens.
On the average, the use of Crestor lowers a general cholesterol level by 45%.
In what dose is Crestor used?
Crestor is produced in the tablets for the oral use, in the dose of 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg. A dose depends on the degree of the hypercholesteremia and a general health condition. If the body reacts well to the treatment, a tablet of Crestor 10 mg will be enough.
If the effect is insignificant or the cholesterol level is slow during the use of Crestor 10 mg, the dose is increased up to 20 mg.
The maximal daily dose of Crestor is 40 mg but it is prescribed only during the severest forms of the hypercholesteremia when there is a high risk of the ischemic heart disease or other cardiovascular complications.
A patient has to follow a low-cab diet and increase the physical activity during the treatment. In case of the optimal therapeutic effect and an apparent lowering of the cholesterol level in the blood, a patient may use a maintaining therapy when the daily dose of Crestor should not exceed more than 5 mg.
- Using Crestor 40 mg increases a risk of the development of the side effects, and therefore if you have not used this drug before, it is necessary to restrict the increase of the dose by 20 mg per day
- Crestor is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation. If a pregnancy happened during the use of the tablets, stop the treatment and use non-medicamental methods to lower the cholesterol level
- Crestor is contraindicated for the use during renal failure, active liver diseases, and intolerance of the lactose
- Patients are not recommended to use immunodepressant Cyclosporine during the therapy
- In case of the unexpected development of the muscle pains, muscle weakness, or spasms, in combination with fatigue and fever, go to a doctor
The use of Crestor may be accompanied by the moderate side effects: myalgia, myopathy, muscle hypertonia, digestion disorders, increase of the general level of the blood pressure. The side effects may be controlled by means of the reduction of the daily dose. Consult a doctor to get more details.
Buy Crestor online
You may buy Crestor online day and night. To buy Crestor in the online pharmacy, a prescription is not required, and there is no need to fill out a medical blank. The ordering procedure takes 5 to 10 minutes. But if you have problems with buying Crestor online, you may use a free consultation of the pharmacy’s representative. S/he will help you to correctly place an order and select the most convenient way of the payment.