Biaxin is an antibacterial drug from the group of macrolides. It is a derived of erythromycin and has similar therapeutic characteristics. It contains Clarithromycin.
The main different of Biaxin from erythromycin is a changed chemical structure and an increased acid-resistance, and also improved pharmacological characteristics.
Biaxin antibiotic works in the treatment if the infections of light and middle severity. It has a broad action and is active as to gram-positive cocci, Gram negative rods and microorganisms, mycoplasmas. Depending on a dose and sensitivity of microorganisms, Biaxin may act bacteriostaticly and bactericidally. That is why, take the blood test and detect a type of the infection originator in order to have more effective antibacterial therapy.
Biaxin may be used for the treatment of:
- Mycobacterial infections, including AIDS patients
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Urogenital infections
- Infections of the respiratory tract of mild severity: bronchitis, atypical pneumonia, otitis media, sinusitis.
Biaxin also shows a high efficiency in the treatment of Helicobacter pylori in patients with gastric ulcer.
In what dose is Biaxin used?
A standard therapeutic dose of Biaxin is 500 mg 2 times per day for adults and children over 12 years old.
In case of severe infectious processes, Biaxin is used in the dose of 1000 mg 2 times per day. More than 1 g per day may be used by adults (over 18 years old). The maximal dose is used within 2-4 days, and then a maintaining dose of Biaxin 500 mg is used 2 times per day.
Depending on the intensity of the effect and a sensitivity of microorganisms to the antibiotic, the treatment usually lasts for 6 to 14 days.
- Biaxin is not prescribed children under 12 years old or with the body weight less than 40 kg
- Do not use Biaxin in the first term of pregnancy. The antibiotic may be used in 2 and 3d term of pregnancy only during good tolerance and under doctor’s supervision
- If you have even had an allergic reaction to macrolides, the use of Biaxin is contraindicated
- If real/hepatic failure, the use of Biaxin may be contraindicated. Therefore, if you have diseases of kidneys/liver, consult a doctor, and if your doctor allows you, start taking the antibiotic.
The side effects of Biaxin mainly appear in the digestion system. These are diarrhea, nausea, heartburn and stomachaches. Some people have headaches or skin rash.
The side effects usually pass without discomfort but if you feel physiological or moral discomfort due to the side effect of Biaxin, a daily dose should be reduced.
Buy Biaxin online
If you need an effective and cheap antibiotic without prescription, you should buy Biaxin in the online pharmacy. A prescription is not needed during the purchase of Biaxin online. You will not spend big sums because a cost of Biaxin online is by 2-3 times lower than in the common city pharmacies, and therefore people with any income level may afford this antibiotic.
One may place an order and pay for Biaxin online without leaving the house, within 5-7 minutes. But if you have problems with buying Biaxin online, a representative of the pharmacy will help you at any time and answer all your questions.